To: Mr. Matthieu Reeb
CAS Secretary General
Château de Béthusy,
Avenue de Beaumont 2,
1012 Lausanne, Switzerland.
Tel: (41 21) 613 50 00;
Fax: (41 21) 613 50 01,
or consult the CAS website: www.tas-cas.or
From: Mr. Graham C. Lim
cc: Chinese Overseas Brotherhood Ltd
FIBA Family Members
BAP Family Members
I am Mr. Graham C. Lim, Secretary General of the Basketball Association of the Philippines (BAP), a national sport association which is recognized by the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) since 1936 until in July 2005 when the BAP was suspended by self-centered racist Mr. Patrick Baumann on his personal view, just like that without proper proceeding and approval from the FIBA Central Board. This is how Baumann runs FIBA on his personal choice and act everything on his personal decision and that is final, what a man of cowardice and lack of respect for a autonomous national federation because we are Asian country, subsequently a racial discrimination which the IOC doesn't tolerate it, worse Baumann is now an IOC board member, it is really a shame to have a racist person like Baumann in the IOC board.
I am not in a proper way to file a legal proceeding against Baumann at this moment of time but what I would like to ask your kind advise and reasoning that my interest is about Patrick Baumann who dismissed me from FIBA Youth Commission without due process last May 13, 2008 as the letter stated below for your perusal:
13 May 2008
Information on decision taken by FIBA Central Board
I must inform you that the FIBA Central Board at its meeting end of April in Beijing decided as follows:
- To dismiss you with immediate effect from your membership to the Youth Commission of
FIBA. Your continuous actions to disrupt the proper functioning of BAP-SBP using the BAP
umbrella are unacceptable. These discredit basketball and are incompatible with a position
within the FIBA family.
- To ask FIBA Asia to review together with BAP-SBP the appropriateness of your participation
in any body of FIBA Asia.
I regret that we had to come to this point, but would hope that you will from now on channel your efforts and passion for our sport in a constructive way within and under the official framework of the BAP- Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas, our national federation.
These are my fact and comment against the FIBA decision initiated by Baumann and Bob Elphinston, president of FIBA.
1. I am consider a member of BAP-SBP as Board of Trustee Member;
2. I was dismissed because I am disrupting the function of BAP-SBP is ridiculous; What is the
charges and these were mere accusation without proper complaint or what I did was wrong;
3. If I am disrupting the affairs of the BAP-SBP, I should have been sanctioned by my own
federation but there was none at all accusation;
4. Look, the BAP has been a FIBA member since 1936, now Baumann accuses the BAP as a
discredit basketball federation after all it was Baumann himself destroy their own FIBA
family for his personal interest and greed;
5. Also stated the BAP is incompatible to the position within the FIBA family; How dare you
Baumann to use the word FIBA family while you have already destroy the family value of a
member since 1936. Now, what are you as a person, I would say a shady character with
greed and opportunist;
6. On FIBA Asia status of mine, to review on what? I have not been charge of anything in our
national federation, your are really a stupid lawyer Baumann, this is purely a harassment
on me to favor a person in the Philippines’ national federation to gain a marketing
advantage for your personal satisfaction;
7. As opportunist Baumann advised me to channel my efforts and passion to the framework of
the BAP-SBP, what was Baumann really suggesting to me, again a lawyer without justification
against a person, did Baumann really know what he wants?
8. Until now, the inseparable tandem of Baumann and Bob Elphinston, both opportunista and
concern only on marketing income to gain much of personal commission and rights, this is
what I call accusation and I expect that a formal accusation should be filed against me like
what I said;
9. Don’t hire your lust of power and money, it is very clear both of you, Brother Patrick and
Uncle Bob should be charge of racial discrimination, I hate racist and I hate opportunista
using FIBA to gain their own personal greed; lastly ….
10. I can’t really understand my guilt or being accuse of what crime I did, but much to my belief,
I want to know what is my wrongdoing, and most of all, who is the accuser accusing me,
that is my rights?
I curse both Brother Patrick and Uncle Bob to justify their means of inhuman action against a person like me, Mr. GRAHAM C. LIM. This is injustice and fairness should be served with integrity and honesty.
May God bless those who are so greed with ill intention without conscience and just to destroy the undersigned and one good neighborhood in the FIBA family like the BAP, imagine a member since 1936!
Mr. Reeb, I report, you judge.
Thank you very much for taking time to read my letter.
Very sincerely yours,
GRAHAM C. LIM